The 2017 Fall/Winter issue of USLAW Magazine has been published and is now available for download. Articles focus on the ever-increasing impact of the opioid epidemic, medical marijuana and the legalization movement, technology in transportation litigation, insights into cybersecurity, data breaches and risk assessments and much more. USLAW Magazine is published each spring and fall and content is written by attorneys from USLAW member firms as well as industry leading corporate partners. To download the current edition, click 2017 USLAW Magazine.
A sample of the articles in the latest issue include:
- Pharmacist Liability and the Opioid Epidemic – Is the Learned Intermediary Doctrine a Defense for Pharmacies and Pharmacists? Malinda S. Matlock, Hailey M. Hopper & Jeffrey C. Hendrickson • Pierce Couch Hendrickson Baysinger & Green
- Defending Correctional Healthcare Providers – The Intersection of Malpractice and Civil Rights Beth Boone and Steven P. Bristol • Hall Booth Smith, P.C.
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Medical Record Documentation in the Age of Technology Kaitlyn N. Pytlak • Flaherty Sensabaugh Bonasso PLLC
- Cyber Insurance 101: A Look at Why It Matters, What It Is, and What to Know When Purchasing It Blake D. Smith • Copeland, Cook, Taylor & Bush, P.A.
- Pros, Cons, and Considerations Regarding Accident Avoidance and Event Data Gathering Technology in Transportation Litigation Michael J. Judy • Dysart Taylor Cotter McMonigle & Montemore, P.C.
- A Balancing Act: Internal Policies That Manage Risk Without Raising Standards of Care Mark S. Barrow and Ryan C. Holt • Sweeny, Wingate & Barrow, P.A.
For a complimentary version of the magazine, click 2017 USLAW Magazine.