Mark A. Solheim (pictured on left) of Larson King LLP in St. Paul, Minnesota, and Donald L. Myles, Jr., (pictured on right) of Jones Skelton & Hochuli PLC in Phoenix, Arizona, have been named recipients of the 2021 USLAW NETWORK O’Hagan Award. The award is named after Jim O’Hagan, a founding member of USLAW, and is given annually by the USLAW Chair to a USLAW member(s) who demonstrates outstanding service and commitment to the organization’s guiding principles, mission, and objective. Immediate Past Chair Dan L. Longo of Murchison & Cumming LLP in Los Angeles announced the award during the NETWORK’s annual Fall Member Business Meeting.
“It is fitting that we recognize Mark Solheim and Don Myles with the 2021 O’Hagan Award during USLAW 20th anniversary year,” said Longo. “Mark is one of our original founding attorneys, and both Mark and Don have been instrumental in USLAW’s success over the years. They have served as Chairs of USLAW NETWORK, created and guided the development of numerous initiatives, and continue to foster a trusted and client-first atmosphere that promotes a forward-thinking, client-service minded organization.”
Solheim served on the board of directors, was Chair from 2007-08, was instrumental in creating the Complex Tort and Product Liability Practice Group, and regularly contributes to educational programming for USLAW’s client audience.
Myles’ firm, Jones, Skelton & Hochuli, joined USLAW soon after USLAW’s launch in 2001, and Myles served as USLAW’s third-ever Chair from 2005-07. A leader within his firm, USLAW and the legal profession, Myles led efforts to create USLAW’s Insurance Law Practice Group and also served as chairman of the FDCC.
O’Hagan Award recipients include:
- 2021 –Donald L. Myles, Jr. Jones Skelton & Hochuli PLC (Arizona); Mark A. Solheim, Larson King LLP (Minnesota)
- 2020 – John D. Cromie, Connell Foley LLP (New Jersey)
- 2019 – Thomas L. Oliver, II of Carr Allison (Alabama)
- 2018 – Noble F. Allen, Hinckley Allen (Connecticut); and (posthumously) Wendell G. Large of Richardson, Whitman, Large & Badger (Maine)
- 2017 – Ami C. Dwyer
- 2016 – Bradley A. Wright, Roetzel & Andress (Ohio)
- 2015 – Nicholas E. Christin, Wicker Smith O’Hara McCoy & Ford P.A. (Florida); Larry A. Schechtman, SmithAmundsen LLC (Illinois)
- 2014 – Kenneth B. Wingate, Sweeny Wingate & Barrow, P.A. (South Carolina)
- 2013 – Sheryl J. Willert, Williams Kastner (Washington)
- 2012 – Richard K. Traub, Traub Lieberman Straus & Shrewsberry LLP (New York); Daniel W. Gerber
- 2011 – James J. O’Hagan; Charles F. Carr, Carr Allison (Alabama); Roger M. Yaffe, CEO of USLAW NETWORK
- 2010 – Thomas S. Thornton, Carr Allison (Alabama)
- 2009 – Donean Surratt
- 2008 – Lew R.C. Bricker, SmithAmundsen (Illinois)
- 2007 – Jeffrey L. O’Hara, Connell Foley LLP (New Jersey)